Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Late-Bloomer Late-Nighter...

Here's the thing: I'm not one of those college students that stays up late.
I never have been. Even my freshman year, the times we did stay up late, which, granted was a good 4 out of the 5 school nights a week, we were doing something ridiculous. I mean ridiculous such as going to albertos at 2 a.m. to buy 12 tortillas for you and your hallmates (because as a freshman you don't understand the concept of working out...you just eat!) It was never to actually do anything productive, such as schoolwork.
I now have 2 weeks left of my Junior year, and I think these next 2 weeks are going to be filled with many late-nights; many late nights of productive homework/finals/papers. I realize this post does not count as being productive...but I've been at my desk, doing all sorts of homework like a good girl since 8:30p.m. this evening. It is now nearing midnight, the Diet Pepsi is almost gone, and I needed a homework break to let my mind simply wander other places than my 4-6 pager on "my observations when visiting a bilingual classroom". Oh the joys of being a liberal studies major.
Oh, and I think my eyesight is going. I couldn't really see what I was typing earlier tonight, and a roommate gave me her glasses she uses sometimes for computer work...and lo and behold, I have eyes again! This is a sad day. I'll fight it...no glasses for me! Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be in contacts soon enough.
Okay...I must return to the homework now...I still have a book to read before tomorrow. :-) Wish me luck!


2 more weeks...Praise the Lord!

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM , Blogger Ms. McGowan said...

Those days seem so very far in the past. When, they weren't that long ago at all. College students are expected to have sub-human academic abilities. Hang in there.

If it makes you feel better, I often long for thoselate night study nights. I miss college. Enjoy it, dear.

I love you, Little Moore.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home