Friday, May 01, 2009

Deep

Tomorrow is CBU's graduation..and it also marks 2 years since I've walked across the stage to receive a diploma myself. Little did I know, as a smiling, excited 21 year-old, what those two years would hold. All of the laughter, excitement, fun times....to all of the sadness, broken hearts, and tears.

The ups and the downs. I've come to realize, since leaving, that this is what life after college is made of. High times, and low times.

Yes, there were high times and low times throughout my college experience, but for the most part, it was a pretty easy, fun-filled, Spiritual, as well as academic, growth time in my life.

Life is not as kind as what we affectionately refer to as the "bubble" of CBU. It's hard. Your decisions, good or bad, truly become your decisions. They are not your roommate's, your professor's, your FOCUS leader's, your parent's or your friend's decisions: they are yours. This is where it got tough for me. The true test of character, integrity...yes, I could walk the walk well with all eyes watching. Who was I/am I outside of the bubble?

This is where is has been tough. Where I have failed over, and over, and over again. Will I ever get it right?

I am so sorry Lord.

"When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look, and see him there
Who made an end of all my sin.

Because a sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me."

2 Comments:

At 9:35 AM , Blogger sherry said...

Well said, Robin.

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger janelle said...

thanks for sharing this rob. i can empathize.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home