Sunday, January 27, 2008

Psalms 37

It had been a tough morning.
It was a tough morning because it had been a tough night.
No, no car accidents or anything, just internally tough. Fighting for joy; for contentment.

As I sat in my car this morning before church, I flipped through my Bible to read a little before going in. I landed in Psalms 37. This is what I read:
"Trust in the Lord and do good...
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will act..."

And then...

"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him".

There was my answer, my action plan to fight the giant of fear in my life.
Trust the Lord, delight in Him, commit to Him, and then be still before Him.

Trust. Delight. Commit. Be still and Wait.


Oh if I could only get it right...

2 Comments:

At 9:14 PM , Blogger A Smith said...

You can Rob...and HE will help you :)

 
At 9:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's so much about "getting it right" as it is about the "act of being obedient"....and then God meets us more than half way....I believe it will probably take a lifetime of practice.....but each time it gets a little easier to trust Him....because you have seen His faithfulness before.....that I never tire of.....smile

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home