Monday, October 29, 2007

Not myself

"Suppose I said
I am on my best behavior
And there are times
I lose my worried mind

Would you want me when I'm not myself?
Wait it out while I am someone else?

Suppose I said
Colors change for no good reason
And words will go
From poetry to prose

Would you want me when I'm not myself?
Wait it out while I am someone else?

And I, in time, will come around
I always do for you..."


I'm not myself lately...and I'm not sure why.
Frustration level was at an all-time high today with the education department of california baptist university.
You'd think they'd want to do all they could to help me see this whole-teacher thing through...

I woke up with horrible back/neck pain. sigh...

I just want my own class already. I'm sick of jumping through the hoops that make up the credentialing process. I'm sick of being in this "in-between" phase of life. I'd love to be financially independent from my parents. I'd love to...just be.

I'm normally very positive, and an optimistic person. I'm just...not myself.

And that's okay for right now.



On a completely separate train of thought...I'm on the lookout for a new journal. The moleskin is almost filled...and this time, I'd like something different. Thicker. Maybe leather? Cool/fun design. Original. No lines on the inside. Ability to lie flat when I'm writing in it. If you find something with these distinctions, let me know...or just get it for me. ;-)


Oh, and bonus points to you if you can guess who wrote the lyrics above. No cheating.

2 Comments:

At 9:03 AM , Blogger KS said...

John Mayer

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

that is the song of this season of my life.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home