Friday, November 30, 2007

Good-bye Quicksilver

Yesterday morning I was on my way to go babysit. I was driving down Victoria, after I stopped at a stop sign, I proceeded to roll into the intersection.
WHAM!
A guy flew through a stop sign and plowed right into me. Spun my car the entire way around. Several windows shattered, glass was everywhere.
I remembered getting out of the passenger side door.
I remember a nice lady, sitting next to me on the curb, pulling glass out of my hair.
I remember shaking. A lot.
I remember being laid down on a stretcher, my neck in a brace.
I remember thinking that we couldn't leave until my mom got there...that she wouldn't know where I was.
I remember the ambulance ride, and the funny paramedics, trying to make me laugh.
I remember feeling glass on me everywhere, bleeding cuts on my hands, down my pants and scraping my butt.
I remember the paramedics pulling glass out of my belly button.
I remember them cutting my sweatshirt.
I remember x-rays.
I remember pain. Lots.
I remember them telling me I had a sprained shoulder/shoulder blade. Bruised ribs.
I remember getting a shot in my butt....and I remember thinking that it hurt more than it should've.
I remember getting a perscription for drugs.
I remember thinking that I was really thankful for my parents.



So, there you go. I got home, and was a lil drugged up the rest of the day. Had to learn how to sleep on my back last night.
I'm ridiculously sore today.
My car, quicksilver, is gone. Totaled. The entire left side is bent inwards...I don't know how I'm not more hurt. God...that's how.

Good-bye quicksilver.

5 Comments:

At 10:56 AM , Blogger Janie said...

I am glad you are okay!! Praise God.

 
At 9:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohRobin! How scary, crazy, messed up of them, blessed you are, traumatic, and great that you are alive! Who cares about quicksilver, insurance will replace him/her, how great it is that you are okay...
leslie

 
At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin your in my thoughts, I am so glad your okay! I can't imagine. Thank the LORD!
Ramy

 
At 3:09 PM , Blogger Michael Baker said...

Wow! I'm so glad you didn't come out of that the way Quicksilver did! It's so scary out there, the way people drive like they're on a go-kart track. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing tag and everyone else is "it."

 
At 9:49 PM , Blogger cristine said...

Robin, that is such an intense story! God definetely protected you! I am glad that you are okay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home