Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Worth it? I must believe it will be.

The thing about faith is, it takes just that, faith. As a Christian, having faith in Christ, faith that "no good thing will He withold from those whose walk is blameless", faith that God will keep His promises, faith that everything you do makes a difference.
Somedays this is tough...especially in the world we live in. Everything around us, media, friends, family, school, music, etc. wants to tell us that our faith is pointless. That the way we are living is for no reason. That God is trying to trick us out of the "fun" of here and now. It is as old as Adam and Eve.
So why am I so susceptible to believing it still? Believing the lies that the serpent feeds me daily?
I have to believe that living for His will, in His way, will be worth it.
I have to.


"It will be worth it all someday
It will be worth it to go the straight and narrow way
When we finally see His face
And feel His warm embrace
It will be worth it all that day

These present troubles don't compare
To all the glory our God, He has prepared
'Cause when we finally see His face
And feel His strong embrace
It will be worth it all that day

And I can see the angels as they celebrate and call your name
And I can hear the Father, with a tear in His eye,
As He says well done my good and faithful servant
Well done.

It will be worth it all that day"



Lord, I pray that I will live my life in such a way that you will look at me and say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant."

3 Comments:

At 10:56 AM , Blogger janelle said...

amen rob. thanks for sharing. it will be worth it. "know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments." deuteronomy 7:9

 
At 7:29 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Robin. I love that song. It WILL be worth it. I think it is the best spot to live in: to be living with our eyes on eternity and the brevity of this life. It helps me to keep things in the right perspective. Love you!

 
At 10:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Stuff Rob!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home