Thursday, January 31, 2008

Change

Sometimes the Lord speaks to you at the most random times, in the most random ways.

It's been kind-of a long week, physically, emotionally...and I was tired, tired, tired. But, school got out a little early today, and after a short coffee date with a friend, I decided I'd still haul my butt to the gym.

As I was on the last mile of my usual run, with my ipod set to random, a song came on, one that I knew God had sent, at that moment, for me.

The song is called "Change" by Bethany Dillon.

"My pockets are empty
Fear's such a thief
You know how that goes
I used to think
You couldn't love a mess like me
Then You came in so close

As my heart settles
You do the impossible

You change me, You change me
Thank You, Jesus
I can see You change me

Like a bullet in a wound
It needs to be removed
But only by You, only by You
And though I feel so stuck
The hope in Your eyes is enough

To change me, You change me
Thank You, Jesus
I can see You change me"


Thank you Jesus...for never giving up, for giving me hope, and for never tiring in the endless process of changing me.
My heart is Yours.

3 Comments:

At 5:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We talked about flying you out here to take care of Losiah for a week while we were in Africa. However we ended up finding a friend here that would do it. Thanks for loving him so much! Hope one day you can give him some physical squeeze! H

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

hi dear
how much coffee are you drinking these days? Are you still doing your 3 a week?
I miss you dearly! We have SO MUCH SNOW here!

 
At 11:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those lyrics. wow.

This is the 3rd time in 2 days I've heard / read how God has used timely lyrics to give his servants hugs, just when they needed them.

He did that for me Thursday night after our Evening MAP kickoff. I'd gotten done lecturing (it was our first ever night version of our women's Bible study) and as I got in the car, a song came on with the lines, "heaven's smiling down on me / My Father's proud". It was just what I needed to hear.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home