Monday, May 25, 2009

Peace.

I've been obsessed with that word lately.
Not in the "I'm a hippie, would-be-woodstock-going, hug-a-tree, war-is-bad" sense of the word, but the Biblical sense of this word.
As a woman with serious control issues, my prayer for myself, what I seek after most often, is simply peace. I long for rest.calm.peace.


Today, at the beach, I felt it. It lasted for few precious moments, but it was there. I breathed in the smell of the ocean, and breathed out all the worries/stresses that cloud me daily.

He is good.

"You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you." ~Isaiah 26:3

"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” ~John 16:33

1 Comments:

At 12:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i liked the authenticity in your post. Finding peace is sometimes hard for all of us. Keep looking for those precious moments though, they all will start to add up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home