Sunday, April 30, 2006

Global Night Commute

Last night was the worldwide global night commute for invisible children.
If you don't understand what I just said, please go to www.invisiblechildren.com.
I, along with roughly 30 other calbaptist students (represent!) traveled down to San Diego and commuted a couple miles, sleeping bag in hand, to Balboa Park. Once there, we signed in and joined the other 3,500 people there and rolled out our sleeping bags and began socializing, writing letters to our senators, and creating art projects.

It was amazing.

Did I sleep only 2.5 hours? Yes. Was I uncomfortable sleeping on the ground outside in a park with a huge crowd of people? A little. Was it incredible to be a part of something larger than ourselves, even if it was only for a night? Yes.

Slowly but surely, the nations and the realization of just how much God loves the nations are becoming more and more a passion of mine. The rest of the world, especially Africa, is slowly killing themselves. Someone needs to do something, stand up for them, love them, let them see Jesus through them.

"Jesus I believe in You, and I would go, to the ends of the earth for You..."

I leave for Turkey in 3 weeks...I am so ridiculously excited.

Okay...I'm exhausted, and I can actually go to bed somewhat early tonight...so, here goes. God bless to you and yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home