Saturday, May 31, 2008

Gosh darn-it Carlos...

Okay...So, my good friend and "being-real" encourager Carlos Whittaker at Ragamuffinsoul.com started a weight-loss challenge, called Ragamuffintop...as in, "muffin top", which no one likes to have.
The rules are as stated:
1. You must have a measurable goal.
1. I would like to work out (break a sweat doing something active, probably running) 5 days a week.
2. I would like to either be comfier in my current size jeans, or drop a size.
3. Cut out all soda.
4. Cut down on Starbucks (like, don't have it daily like I currently do).

2. You must place a photo or video on your blog each weekend and give us the scoop on how you did.
Here's the thing, since my amazing lil apple ibook "blossom" died, (I spilled water on her a month ago...totally my fault. Very sad) I have not been able to be as tech-savy as I would've liked...so, I probably will not be posting pictures. I will, however, state my weight each saturday. You'll just have to trust me. :-)
3. You must link back here so that the readers of your blog get to see how the rest of us are failing or succeeding.
4. You fill out the linky thing below and then people can get to your blog from my front page and we can cheer each other on.

Okay, time to get real (thanks Carlos):
I have always gone up and down with my weight, and was at my highest my freshman/sophomore year of college at 5'2" and 155lbs. That's alot for a short, small-boned lil frame. Not good for the heart, cholesterol, etc. I then took a health class sophomore year and watched "supersize me", which jump-started the healthy-living. Last spring, just in time for graduation from CBU, I was down to 125...which was about the goal. I stayed at that weight until I began student-teaching for my credential this past january....somewhere between january and now, the end of May, I have packed on 7 pounds. Not a lot, but trust me, when you're short, 7lbs. shows up pretty quick. So, I'm stating my measureable goal as: 120-125.
As of tonight's weigh-in (I HATE night weigh-ins, but that's how the ragamuffin likes it), I am : 132.2. Boo. So, check back each Saturday as I track my weight loss of those pesky 7-12 pounds. :-)

If you feel like joining in, go to www.ragamuffinsoul.com and join! :-) Let's do this together gang.

Love you all.


3 Comments:

At 4:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can do it! we're all cheering you on.

 
At 1:08 PM , Blogger Jess B said...

I'm sure you'll be able to do it! Good luck!

 
At 1:12 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

you go girl. Can you do it again with me in January? Maybe you'll need it again after Hallothanksmas. :) I surely will after this hungry baby of mine.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home