Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm not a Donald Miller fan.

But I do, however, LOVE this passage from Blue Like Jazz.
It is beautiful, honest, and real. I hope to emulate this in my relationship currently, and for the rest of my life. Selfless love...the way Christ inexplicably loves me.

I will give you this, my love, and I will not bargain or barter any longer. I will love you, as sure as He has loved me. I will discover what I can discover and though you remain a mystery, save God's own knowledge, what I disclose of you I will keep in the warmest chamber of my heart, the very chamber where God has stowed Himself in me. And I will do this to my death, and to death it may bring me.
I will love you like God, because of God, mighted by the power of God. I will stop expecting your love, demanding your love, trading for you love, gaming for you love. I will simply love. I am giving myself to you, and tomorrow I will do it again. I suppose the clock itself will wear thin its time before I am ended at this altar of dying and dying again.
God risked Himself on me. I will risk myself on you. And together, we will learn to love, and perhaps then, and only then, understand this gravity that drew Him, unto us.

2 Comments:

At 7:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes coffee for real! :)
umm we might have talked about this before but i was just curious.... why is it you are not a donald miller fan?

 
At 2:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm with jessica, why are you not a donald miller fan?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home