Sunday, May 07, 2006

I just had a really long post, and then it was deleted....yay.

I hate when that kind of stuff happens. Oh well.
Today, roughly 15 of my closest friends left to go to Rwanda. Because I leave for Turkey on the 24th, and they don't return until the 29th, I won't see them again until June 30th/July 1st.
Kinsley leaves for India on tuesday.
I love that we are all doing this, giving our summer and our lives to go all over the world to where He's sent us, to love on people that most Americans deem unlovable, to share His truth with those who have never even heard the name "Jesus". It's amazing, and I'm blessed to be a part of it.

I'll close with some lyrics that have inspired me lately, and that get me really pumped to go overseas for the One who gave me life:

In Me, by Casting Crowns

If you ask me to leap out of my boat on the crashing waves
If you ask me to go preach to a lost world that Jesus saves

I'll go but I cannot go alone
Cause I know I'm nothing on my own
But the power of Christ in me makes me strong
Makes me strong

Cause when I'm weak, You make me strong
When I'm blind, You shine Your light on me
Cause I'll never get by living on my own ability
How refreshing to know You don't need me
How amazing to find that You want me
So I'll stand on Your truth, and I'll fight with Your strength
Until you being the victory, by the power of Christ in me

If you ask me to run
And carry Your light into foreign land
If you ask me to fight
Deliver Your people from satan's hand

To reach out with Your hands
To learn through Your eyes
To love with the love of a savior
To feel with your Your heart
And to think with Your mind
I'd give my last breath for Your glory


Here's to being willing to give our last breath for HIS glory... :-)

Everyone have an amazing new week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home