Friday, July 31, 2009

Oh Francis Chan...

Just started reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan these past couple weeks with my small group...and it's kicking my butt already.

Good. I've needed a good God-centered butt-kicking for awhile.

One of the many quotes that has, so far, slapped me in the face:

"The goal of American Christianity is often a nice marriage, children that don’t swear, and good church attendance. Taking the words of Christ literally and seriously is rarely considered. Most of us want a balanced life that we can control, that is safe, and that does not involve suffering."


...



Wow. Did he write this book for me?

3 Comments:

At 11:40 PM , Blogger The Burdett Family said...

For you and for me too girl!

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger carsonbelmont said...

I enjoyed that book!

 
At 11:54 PM , Blogger carsonbelmont said...

Oh, make sure you use the website and the videos, they help illustrate a lot!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home