Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Turkey and the lake...

Someone left a comment on my last post for me to tell about my trip. I want to, I want to tell this little blogging world all about the amazing things I saw and did and experienced and what God taught me in Turkey, but how? Where do I start? How do I fit 1 1/2 months of eye-opening experiences and life lessons into a single post? I should just hand you my journal I filled up while there...but, that's not possible. So, here's the remedy: I'll tell you about one of the most amazing things I experienced, and the rest, well, you'll just have to find me in person, set up a Starbucks date and I'll tell you more then.
So, about 2 1/2 weeks into the trip I met this beautiful Turkish girl named Ezgi. I adore her. She is a college student who speaks amazing English, and her, shannon and myself quickly became friends. One afternoon, when we were walking down a busy street in Istanbul, Ezgi said that she loved us very much and prays every night that we all end up in the same Heaven together. I saw this as an opportunity from God so I took it. I told her all about how Shannon and I KNOW we'll be in Heaven when we die, and the assurance of Jesus Christ as our Savior. She then asked me about Jesus, and there, on a busy street in Istanbul and then continued to a drinks cafe on a rooftop I proceeded to tell her all about Jesus Christ. His life, death and glorious resurrection. I got to speak the Truth of my Lord to a girl who had never once heard it before. It was amazing. The last 2 1/2 weeks of our time there, she kept asking questions.
The night before we left, Shannon and I wrapped up a Turkish Bible and gave it to her. She didn't open it until she had left, but later that night we recieved a text from her. She told us she was crying from our gift, that we must love her very much to give her something so important to us, and that of course she will begin to read it. Praises were definately prayed to the Father that night.
Now that I'm back in the states, Ezgi and I still e-mail. Pray for her...Turkey is a dark land, and being a Christian means you probably will be disowned, and you will probably be turned down left and right for jobs. Persecution is also rampant there.

So...this is just one of many stories I could share. Call me up...let's have coffee and I'll tell you more. :-)


Tomorrow night, my girls and I leave for Lake Mead. I'm so excited, I need to get away from Riverside for awhile. I need to leave the bookstore, and just have some "fun-in-the-sun" time. I love the girls I'm going with, I love bathing suits/sunscreen/boats/sunshine! It's gonna be wonderful. Yay.

Kins is in Chile right now. My little world-traveler roommate. She is missed quite a bit. No more leaving Kins, aight?

2 weeks from tomorrow I leave for Louisville to be there when my niece is born. Hope Elizabeth Rogers...I'm so excited to meet you.

Okay...I've updated enough for awhile. Maybe now Kimmy will link me. :-)

2 Comments:

At 9:06 PM , Blogger Janie said...

Hi Robin! Have so much fun at the lake. We'll miss you on Sunday!!

Here's to link love! See me again.

 
At 4:20 PM , Blogger Brittany Richey said...

Hi Robin! Um, I miss you! Well, I just thought I would give you some comment love and tell you to have fun in that sun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home