Friday, October 20, 2006

So many random thoughts....

Sorry I've been seriously lacking in the blogging department. Life has been ridiculously busy, and therefore, blogging has been long forgotten.
Tonight, however, I am spending the night with dear friends Kimmy, Michelle and Linds...and we're all huddled around our macs, blogging like nerds.
Where is my time spent, you ask. Well, I have 18 units this semester (like every semester), 6 of which are graduate classes, because I'm getting my credential as an undergrad. Who the heck does that? Besides classes, I have Work 10-15 hours a week, homework for said classes, my Sunday is spent at church (I love my church, Sandals, I love my super cool pastors, and I love the babies at Flip Flops that I get to hold every Sunday). Also, I'm on the mighty d-line for the best flag football team at calbaptist: The Canadian Bowlers.
Okay...football talk, here we go. There has been two major teams for the past 4 years that have dominated girls flag football here at Calbaptist. One is us, the Bowlers, and the other are the BusDrivers. Every year, at the end of season, there is something called Fortuna Bowl, which is like out own Superbowl championships. Every year it comes down to our two teams, and every year the drivers win. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little sick of them winning. Last year we won both games in season, and then lost at Fortuna Bowl. Frustrating!
I don't think you out there in blogging land understand just how much of a rivalry there is. The school like, divides into a sea of red (us) and black (them).
Season ended this past Wednesday. and we, again, are in 2nd place to the drivers. We place the 3rd place team in playoffs this wednesday, and then fortuna is Friday night. Next time I blog, which I hope to be soon, I will try and post pictures of the amazing Canadian Bowlers. At last wednesday's game, I totally jammed my finger while grabbing a flag. My pinky is huge and purple hurts quite a bit. Dang drivers.
In case you were wondering....my niece is still amazing, and I get to see her in 2 1/2 weeks. My parents and I are flying to Louisville to spend the weekend with my incredible sister, brother-n-law and baby Hope. She is getting huge! I love her so much, and am excited to see her.
So, my friend Sarah figured out the other day that I have 22 weeks left of school. How sad is that? Ugh, I'm already dreading leaving CBU.
There's so much more I want to write about....about what I'm learning right now, about friendships, the Lord, life....but I'm far too ADD to sit here and get it all out. Soon, friends, soon.
I hope everyone is having a blessed Friday night...and that your weekend is filled with God's peace, and fullness of the knowledge of Him.
grace and peace...

2 Comments:

At 10:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! We really need to go out for Starbucks and have a date cuz I love you sister and we never get to do that!

 
At 7:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you Robin!

Love,
Stephanie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home