Thursday, July 27, 2006

Beautiful

I recently discovered this song...and it's amazing. So, I thought I'd share the lyrics with anyone out there who may actually read this. The song is called "Beautiful" by Bethany Dillon.

"Beautiful"

I was so unique
Now I feel skin deep
I count on the make-up to cover it all
Crying myself to sleep cause I cannot keep their attention
I thought I could be strong
But it's killing me

Does someone hear my cry?
I'm dying for new life

[Chorus]
I want to be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart,
and be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
Just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful

Sometimes I wish I was someone other than me
Fighting to make the mirror happy
Trying to find whatever is missing
Won't you help me back to glory

[Chorus]

You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart, and I am amazed
I love to hear You say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love and beautiful

Isn't God amazing? I know I struggle with the want to be "beautiful" and everything else this song talks about just as much, if not more, than your average 21 year-old female....but it is Him in me that brings about beauty. He makes me stand in awe, and He loves me and thinks I'm beautiful. What a mighty God we serve indeed.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM , Blogger Janie said...

Robin...you are beautiful! Both inside and out. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home